lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

Changing places

As follows I want to share something that is still so vivid in my heart and mind. About four years ago my father and mother decided to move from Guatemala my hometown in those days; to Chiquimula. We said “what”! Are you out of your mind? Why? We all got very confuse. One of the reasons why they decided was: that the situation was very violent and my parents were scared about our personal security.
When I look back some of the feelings and thoughts come to my mind I wished this couldn’t happened again because is so sad, when you fell like someone or something strange invades your privacy and peace of mind.
This type of situation is no new for many Guatemalans that lived it every single day. As we approached the due date, all those previous days we were supposed to get ready as fast as possible. Many things crossed my mind: “what I’m going to do? “Where are we going to stay”? What about my friends, my school and all the daily chores and activities I did at home.
I remembered I was so scared that I was going to leave behind a lot of things that meant a lot to me. My luggage was big but not big enough for everything I wanted to carry with me. So I had to make extreme decisions about what I was taking and what to left. I started to looked at my closet and knew that I had to get prepared with summer clothing, but then I realized that Chiquimula is hotter that Guatemala so I had to know what to get. I also notice that I had to afford another type of shoes which means relaxed and comfortable.
One of the most awful things that I had to do was to leave all toys and favorite dolls behind Lwas very sad at the end my parents and brother and sisters we all had to confront the same feelings; so that means that showing together this situation did make it easy because at the end we knew that it was for our best.
Nobody at school knew about what was happening so I didn’t finish my school year I couldn’t tell anyone about our situation and my parent’s decision. First our father approached us and he wanted to know how we felt about what to do. As every family that is very closed and we are supposed to support and love more each other during these types of events. My mother also came to us and as a family realized that e had to do it for our own sake. And she told us that we were going to try for a year and see how things will develop.
The day came as quickly as it can be. So we packed our thing and moved to beautiful Chiquimula. Chiquimula is a place located around 165 km from our capital Guatemala. It is also known in our traditions as the “orient Pearl”. It is a small and very unique and traditional town.
Is like those places where everybody knows each other and everyone is concern about each other life. So for us all of these were new because we had never shared too much with other people. I think that is because I and my family are very private about ourselves. Our new home was not finished to be built. There were no doors and the air conditioner in every room were not working so imagine,”no doors, no curtains, no air condition it was hell remember I told you it was very hot.
We also arrived one day before our new school was supposed to start. So I arrived to my new school and started to face reality everything was new especially my new friends and teachers. These were my main goals to feel and appeal comfortable, happy and not to feel homesick. Now I realized when I think about it that every single day in our life is a challenge and we live in an era of changes have to face them, fight for them and live in harmony together with our love ones for good or bad. As long as we remained together we can accomplished everything.


With love
maury

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario